Agronomist is a comprehensive and innovative portal created in cooperation with farmers and manufacturers. Entities from all segments of the agri-food value chain are represented on the platform. It is a unique tool for the agri-food industry which provides a knowledge base and a wide set of professional tools for farmers and processing companies. Every day, several thousand registered users visit the website to find information from Poland and the world.
The Agronomist pursues the following long-term goals which are a part the BNP Paribas Group Strategy:
- It supports the advancement towards responsible and sustainable production through education and by providing innovative tools,
- It integrates entities from all segments of the agri-food value chain, with particular emphasis on local communities and on the role of women in the sector,
- It supports digitisation and digital transformation among entities from the agri-food sector.
In 2020, new features and sections were introduced:
- We launched the „Green Changes” section, which discusses good practices and innovative solutions for the transformation of the agri-food sector towards sustainable production.
- We introduced an organic fertiliser production and consumption calculator – a tool for the management of nitrogen fertilisers.
- The „Agro on Heels” section recognises active businesswomen from rural areas. We post their bios as well as information about local communities and ideas for free-time activities.
- In addition to daily reports on grain prices and analytical reports devoted to agricultural markets, we have introduced a section with data regarding the prices of agricultural products at local purchasing centres and marketplaces. The data is provided by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and is of great interest to users.
- We have also launched the first real estate search engine on the market dedicated exclusively to the agri-food sector.
We have joined the Cool Farm Alliance, an international business and science consortium devoted to developing software which supports sustainable agriculture. Therefore, we will soon be able to give our Clients access to a greenhouse gas emissions calculator.