In 2020, members of Agro Expert Teams engaged in a number of pro-sales tasks and tasks aimed to improve the quality of the existing portfolio. They held 600 meetings with current and potential Customers of the Bank, over 380 expert opinions were prepared for new transactions and as part of reviews of the functioning Agro portfolio (verification of the condition of farms and recommendations as to optimal paths of cooperation).
Special tasks necessary to make decisions in a crisis situation in the Agro segment were executed, including:
- preparation of materials on the current and prospective impact of the COVID-19 epidemic on the Agro sector and consumers of this sector; preparation of an expert ranking of the condition of selected types of Agro production in the context of the threat posed to the market by COVID-19, in order to indicate potentially safe (or not recommended) directions of financing in the SME segment,
- monitoring and reporting of the hydrological situation in the country – determining the causes and current effects of water shortage on crops, forecasting crops in 2020 and its impact on the portfolio of Agro Customers,
- periodical reports on the current weather situation and its impact on the schedule of field works, harvest and preparation for the next season, as well as forecasts of demand for financing; a report on the systemic review of greenhouse producers (the entire portfolio of SME Clients above PLN 1 million),
- analysis of the situation of the Bank’s Customers in the context of rising feed prices and the outbreak of avian influenza (HPAI),
- Participation in meetings and webinars on sustainable agriculture,
- Participation in the organization of the 15th Agroconference – Food & Agro Conference 2020.
As part of activities in the area of risk management, the following have been developed:
- support tools for Customer assessment within the improvement of the industry matrix, using benchmarks and vectors determining advantages and weaknesses affecting business profitability for poultry producers (to be used in credit assessment),
- the principles of the review for all poultry producers (over 850 credit Customers in the portfolio with assigned to PKD 01.47.Z).
As part of the ongoing work for the Sales Network, following guidelines have been prepared: 1. concerning the use of information databases on potential Customers and 2. for advisors in the field of matching credit products depending on the type and needs to the Customer as well as the unified rules of using external documents in the credit process in the Microenterprises segment.